Feedback, feedback, feedback

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

w/o feedback there's no improvement!

Let me know whenever seomthing does nor work, when you have suggestions , questions etc.

MarkusS

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hi MarcusS,

thank you for this nice tool. I tried it for On-Premise installation and it is OK.

Is is possible to use it for On-Line as well? We have several On-Line projects.

When I try to connect to server I always has message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: DeviceCredentials

Thank you for help

Radek

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2012 at 3:15 PM

quick answer: try the beta and let me know.

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi! Thanks!

Beta is OK for CRM On-line and CRM 356 as well...

But we have big problem with Option: <RemovePublisherPrefixes i:nil="false" />

We need it to set, but program (except first connection) delete this option from *.seproj file and ignore it.

I tried to put it to ScriptEase.DefaultTemplate.seproj, but without success.

Any suggestions?

Radek

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

The problem is, that your app kills everything before last _

We use following syntax: solutionprefix_projectprefix_libraryname.js

Example: art_pay_library.js , art_adm_library.js Solution prefix is only art_

These two libraries are selected as duplications...

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have to check that over the weekend and I will post a solution for it!

For the time being... the idea - and that's how it should work:

RemovePublisherPrefixes removes the configured prefix like 'msc_' from a file and directory name when the script is initially downloaded from CRM (means: the file does not yet exist on the local hard-drive).

Once the script exists on the local hard-drive, ScriptEase will recognize and map the local file (by comparing web-resourcename with the filename) in any directory (automatic re-mapping). Means, once you have downloaded a script file you can move the script file to another directory and ScriptEase will find and map this file after restart.

If you rename the local script file, of course, ScriptEase cannot automatically find and map this file anymore. In that case, you have to edit the map file manually to tell ScriptEase the new name of the local script file.

Summary:

a) RemovePublisherPrefixes removes prefixes for Scripts which do not exist locally (initial download)

b) After loading a project (ScriptEase start) files will be recognized in any directory (moves are supported)

c) After renaming a local file, the mapping has to be fixed manually and the project has to be re-loaded.

Let me know if this already solves your problem, otherwise stay tuned...

MarkusS

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Please check v2012.0.4690 and the new discussion feed on this site!

MarkusS

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Hi MarkusS,

This looks like a very useful tool,.
I'm trying to setup my first project am getting the error:
The path is not of a legal form.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
We're using CRM 2011 on-premise with RU16

Ray
Mar 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Hi Ray,
feel free to send me a screenshot with the Url directly to msc(at)activetapi.net.
You may also try to exchange the Microsoft SDK DLLs in the ScriptEase directory with the ones from the latest SDK.

Unfortunately I haven't updated the ScriptEase binaries with the latest DLLs and these may include some updates for RU16, not sure.
MarkusS